Front Porch Library Check Out!
We are “open for business” every Wednesday from 11:00 – 2:00!
Note: It is MANDATORY that students use backpacks or other weatherproof bags to transport books back and forth from school.
If a student or family is unable to utilize this time frame for checkout, please contact Mrs. Rankin at email@example.com and we will work out a good option.
Note: All books will be quarantined for 2 weeks upon return.
A variety of Online Student Resources are available from the Seattle School District.
Username: studentsps Password: access
Destiny Discover, including eBooks and holds
Here is one way to access Destiny Discover, our library catalog. There are quite a few eBooks available for check out.
- Go to Destiny Discover
- Select Location: Washington / School: Greenwood Elementary, Seattle
- Select Login — Standard student login, but without @seattleschools.org in the username. Username: 1 + first and second initials + last name; Password: 4 digits of birth month and day. 5th grade students use 8 digits – MMDDYEAR (e.g., 05312010)
- To repeat: Do not add @seattleschools.org to the user name
- Scroll down to the eBook section
- Click the book you want. You can either open it to read or check it out.
- When you are finished using the book, be sure to select “Close Book” so that it will be available for another person
To HOLD books, once logged in to Destiny, you can search for books using the search bar for specific books, authors, series, or subjects. You can use the Topics sections (genres) and the Recently Added sections, too. Once a desired book is found, there is a “hold” hyperlink on the bottom right. Just press! You can also click on the book icon, press More Details and place a hold from that view.